On this magnificent cruise vacation, enjoy seeing some of Central Europe's great cities as well as many small towns that dot the landscape along the way. Visit St. Martin's Cathedral in Bratislava, and savor a Sachertorte in Vienna. And there's more - enjoy wine tasting in Austria's Wachau Valley, visit Austria's oldest theater still holding regular performances in the resort town of Grein, visit one of Europe's largest and most spectacular monasteries at Melk and explore Germany's Passau, located at the confluence of three rivers. Guided sightseeing with Certified Local Guides in each city is sure to heighten your experience.
Highlights & Sightseeing
Cruise: deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Budapest (Embarkation): welcome to Budapest; onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Bratislava: guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin's Cathedral
Day 3 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 4 Vienna: choice of museum visit; time at leisure
Day 5 Weissenkirchen - Melk: guided walk in Weissenkirchen; guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; wine tasting
Day 6 Grein - Linz: guided walk in Grein, visit the historical theater
Day 7 Passau: guided walk in Passau
Day 8 Passau (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
Superb dining with meals on board featuring full breakfast with complimentary sparkling wine, lunch with complimentary soft drinks, and dinner including complimentary wine, beer, or soft drinks; a welcome reception, Captain's reception, and farewell dinner; one sitting with open seating arrangements
- Departure April 8 is offered as an exclusive Jewish Heritage Cruise, including lectures and special features at no additional cost. Explore sites important to Jewish history, like the world's second-largest synagogue in Budapest, the WWII Terezin ghetto, Prague's Jewish Museum & Cemetery, Regensburg's Document Museum and synagogue ruins beneath Neupfarrplatz, and more. (NOTE: Kosher foods not available.)
- In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); the responsibility for obtaining a visa rests with the traveler.
- Departure transfers are not included and are not offered for purchase with this cruise-only itinerary.