You - ll treasure every moment of this memorable Danube River cruise from fascinating Nuremberg to exciting Budapest. From Nuremberg, set sail for medieval Regensburg, Passau, Vienna, and Budapest, with guided sightseeing in each city. Sail through the fascinating Main Danube Canal and witness the scenic beauty as you cruise past quaint towns. Attend a beer tasting, tour Melk's splendid Benedictine Abbey, and experience the music, art, culture, and historical sights in romantic Vienna - a memorable vacation!
Highlights & Sightseeing
Cruise: deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Nuremberg (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Nuremberg - Roth: choice of guided sightseeing in Roth or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour
Day 3 Regensburg: guided walk; enjoy a snack at the Historische Wurstküche; beer tasting
Day 4 Passau: guided walk
Day 5 Melk - Vienna: guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk
Day 6 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 7 Budapest: guided sightseeing, see Fishermen's Bastion and Heroes" Square
Day 8 Budapest (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
Superb dining with meals on board featuring full breakfast with complimentary sparkling wine, lunch with complimentary soft drinks, and dinner including complimentary wine, beer, or soft drinks; a welcome reception, Captain's reception, and farewell dinner; one sitting with open seating arrangements
- Departure October 31 is offered as an exclusive Opera Cruise, including special lectures and features at no additional cost. Our Opera Cruise features professional Canadian opera singers, who will perform on board a selection of works from the world's most beloved operas.
- Departure December 12 is offered as an exclusive Festive Time Cruise, including special lectures and tastings at no additional cost. Experience the holiday season the European way! Enjoy the jolly atmosphere on your festively decorated ship as you delight in the sights, smells, and tastes of local customs and traditions.
- Due to closure of the Main Danube Canal, departure April 15 will embark the ship in Passau; departure April 29 will embark the ship in Regensburg, both with modifications to the itinerary.
- In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.