On this magnificent cruise vacation, enjoy seeing Austria's splendid capital - Vienna, and Slovakia's Bratislava. Explore Germany's Passau, located at the confluence of three rivers, and Linz, Austria's third-largest city. Visit the quaint historical theater in the resort town of Grein and one of Europe's largest and most spectacular monasteries at Melk. Discover pretty little Weissenkirchen in Austria's Wachau Valley or join a tasting of Wachau wines, an important product of the region. Guided sightseeing with Certified Local Guides in each city is sure to heighten your experience.
Highlights & Sightseeing
Cruise: deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Passau (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Passau: guided walk in Passau
Day 3 Linz, Austria - Grein: guided walk in Grein, visit the historical theater
Day 4 Melk - Weissenkirchen: guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; choice of guided walk in Weissenkirchen or enjoy a Wachau wine tasting
Day 5 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 6 Bratislava: guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin's Cathedral
Day 7 Budapest: guided sightseeing, see Fishermen's Bastion and Heroes Square
Day 8 Budapest (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
Superb dining with meals on board featuring full breakfast with complimentary sparkling wine, lunch with complimentary soft drinks, and dinner including complimentary wine, beer, or soft drinks; a welcome reception, Captain's reception, and farewell dinner; one sitting with open seating arrangements
- Departure April 1 is offered as an exclusive Beer Tasting Cruise, including lectures and special features at no additional cost. A visit to Europe is enhanced when it includes a discovery of the regional beers! Enjoy onboard tastings, visit historic breweries, and learn about European beer-brewing techniques during fascinating onboard lectures. Prost!
- Departure April 15 is offered as an exclusive Habsburg History Cruise, including lectures and special features at no additional cost. Take a cruise through history! These fascinating cruises give you an even richer experience as you learn the stories behind Europe's famous sites.
- In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); the responsibility for obtaining a visa rests with the traveler.
- Arrival transfers are not included and are not offered for purchase with this cruise-only itinerary.